It's time to update my blog because it's been the happiest week since I've started my surgery posting! Yes...I shall refrain from blogging when I'm feeling angsty, or too depressed or something. But yes it's been the best week since cos it's slack week. Action sparrowhawk simply rocks, cos then we are not allowed into the hospital at all, and which means NO SCHOOL!
We simply had 20 minutes of tutorial, and then it's dimsum lunch and shopping! YAYNESS.
Ok don't get me wrong, i'm not not liking what I'm doing. But you know, no matter how much I like medicine, you can't expect me to actively look forward to school everyday right. ok I just don't alright. It's just a whole new concept of school alright. And I'm just not too used to be glad that the doctor wants to give us a tutorial, cos why? Cos I'm just used to it being the one that just have to complain about having tutorials.
But all in all, I really do hope that yes..as MC's nic is...the little droplets of knowledge we gain everyday will one day really merge into an ocean. I'm still waiting for that eureka moment when I look back and go "wow! We have all come such a long way! See everything is falling into place!"
But anyway to teeya and LY: Don't worry! I'm all fine now! THe first step to becoming a doctor is to understand what a patient feels like first right? So yes, acquiring immunity to all the hospital germs is part of the job description too =)
It's 4 weeks into the surg posting! And i'm still in denial that I need to read my textbook! OMG. I long for the day when my answer to questions is no longer..."ERRRRRR...." GAH.
But on the a little bright side, at the very least I can say that I'm having a much better success rate with approaching patients. And like what toe han said, I am still mindful everyday that we are all very privileged and I am thankful. Thankful for the little precious moments every once in a while. When you think you can almost see once again why you wanted to do this in the first place. And remind yourself everyday not to be bogged down by the little things and little people in life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home