ooh..I just stumbled upon a very nice quote:
"In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer." Albert Camus, French existentialist author and philosopher.
Oh isn't it beautiful? Anyway, I just watched The devil wears Prada over the weekend! It's a pretty good show! And I dun think it's very chic-flickish...cos it's pretty meaningful too! And I think i get it when Yc says that you can picture what life is as a houseman if you work under an evil consultant! haha...
Anyway so Anne Hathaway plays a fresh grad who gets a highly coveted spot as personal assistant to the editor of runway. And then you see how she struggles as she tries to balance her work and her personal life, and make a choice btw the 2. But anyway, this part striked me quite deeply...like it's when she was getting some headway in her job, but then her boyfriend wasn't too happy cos he felt she was not spending enough time with him, and that she was changing, basically.
So she was telling her friend at work, that her personal life is hanging by a thread. Then her friend says..."Oh..that's normal. Usually when you find that your friends and family are leaving you, then it's about time you are gonna get a promotion!"
Oh wat booness...and PUI-ness...anyway I think I haven't been updating a lot recently. But that's because my life is boring. Oh but we had a really eventful weekend 2 weekends ago, when it was sel's 21st bdae...but u should look at her blog for more updates!
It's been 2 weeks at SGH. But life's pretty much the same. But what happiness today when we realized a houseman we knew is at SGH now! Haha...now we finally have a friend. I think when I'm a houseman next time I must be nice to all medical students.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home