Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday blues no more!

You know when you are enjoying yourself when it's monday and you feel ZILCH monday blues!

Oh I'm loving my emed posting so! You know, for once in my postings, I'm really not counting days...I don't feel blue when it's monday, or feel crazily euphoric when it's friday...cos everyday is rather fulfilling and passes in a blink...and even when there are no patients to clerk in the ED, it's fun too because we can joke around with the other fun pple in the other CGs at NUH!

Indeed...last time at SGH it was really depressed. Baseline was depression.
Monday was prozac-requiring depressed,
then tuesday is a bit better,
wednesday is damn happy cos friday is approaching!
Then thursdays started to get depressing again cos how come so long and weekend is still so far! And friday is happy.
Saturday is good.
But then you spend sunday dreading monday..and when monday comes again... I need prozac again... and the 8 weeks just felt like a 100 years.

Maybe medicine really doesn't have to be that hard... and it's just the people that make it hard. When you have such enthusiastic mentors like Prof Suresh, who really genuinely wants to teach you and who has NO airs at all...suddenly the inspiration you were looking for in human kind materializes!

You don't feel like you have to hound your mentors all day for tutorials so that your day won't be wasted. He allows you the privilege of whining that you have a 3 hour tutorial coming up, because he gives you the 3 hour tutorial. Instead of last time, you had to feel eternally grateful when someone is willing to give you a short 30 minute bedside tutorial. And you have to wait a century for that tutorial...if it materializes at all.

And he remembers everybody's names! And makes you feel involved, even as a student. And has no airs. And is a insulin depot, showing no sign of fatigue even after a 8 hour shift, then after that must stand for another 3 hours to give us tutorial. Indeed is a constant, slow release of energy. Amazing!

For once in a long while...I can wake up in the morning at 7am and don't feel like if I had to wake up at this time for the rest of my life, I'd rather die.

For once in also a long while, I feel inspired. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home